Archaeological research carried out in the church has identified five different building phases, proving how the center of the Costa dei Gelsomini or “Jasmine Coast” has been a crucial witness to the passage between ancient and glorious civilizations. Divided into three aisles - the central one is enriched by eight polychrome ovals, dated 1753, depicting Saints Daniel, Peter and Francis, Veneranda, Jeiunio, Anthony of the Castle, Cyriaca and Nicodemus. Expression - the last five - of Gerace’s strong religious values and the obligation to have donated to the Church several, beautiful figures of servants of the Lord, so as to fully deserve to be called a sacred city. In the western part remnants of a portal that was to be, is still visible. From Byzantine times, along with an ancient entrance, the central one is dated 1705 and is the work of local workers. Furthermore, next to the church, a small medieval necropolis. has been brought to light.